GLOBALG.A.P. is an international scheme for farm production whose goal is safe and sustainable agricultural production to benefit farmers, retailers and consumers throughout the world.
GLOBALG.A.P. Certification covers:
- Food safety and traceability
- Environment (including biodiversity)
- Workers’ health, safety and welfare
- Animal welfare
- Includes Integrated Crop Management (ICM), Integrated Pest Control (IPC),
- Quality Management System (QMS), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
Applicant CABs will need to comply with relevant requirements in the GLOBALG.A.P. General Regulations (various parts and subscope parts depending on scope of services) and sign an agreement with GLOBALG.A.P. All GLOBALG.A.P. inspectors and auditors are required to pass an online test and one in-house trainer per CAB must take part in a compulsory CAB Training Workshop. All auditors have to attend the GLOBALG.A.P. QMS Auditor Training.
Subscopes available include Crops, Livestock and Aquaculture.
As this is a product scheme, applicants also need to comply with ISO/IEC 17065:2012 – Conformity assessment - Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services.
- Improves business performance and reduces waste of vital resources.
- The scheme requires a general approach to farming that builds in best practices for generations to come.
An application pack, application form and other relevant material is not available on this site. These documents are available through our SharePoint portal. If you are a body that we currently accredit, you can access this information through the Shared CAB Portal. If you are a new applicant, please complete an application enquiry form. Once this form is submitted, the Secretariat will contact you to advise the next steps. For other stakeholders, please submit your inquiry through the online feedback form.
More information on GLOBALG.A.P. is available at http://www.globalgap.org/uk_en/what-we-do/the-gg-system/certification/